PTV Vistro - Episode 3 / Signal Optimization
- Traffic Signal Setup and Geometry Refresher
- Global Settings for Optimization
- Traffic Control Workflow’s Intersection Settings
- Local Signal Optimization
- Coordination Groups
- Network Signal Optimization
- Time-Space Diagrams
Recorded Date: 6/18/2020 (50:24)
PTV Vistro - Episode 4 / Multimodal Analysis
- Pedestrian Analysis using HCM
- Bicycle Analysis using HCM
- Transit Affects using HCM and CCG
- Cycle Tracks Coding and Analysis
- Delayed Vehicle Green/LPI
- Exclusive Pedestrian Phase
Recorded Date: 7/16/2020 (51:53)
PTV Vistro - Episode 5 / Development Impact Analysis
- Introduction to Transportation Impact Analysis Applications
- Scenario Planning
- Existing Conditions
- Background Traffic Conditions
- Development Trip Generation, Distribution, Assignment
- Evaluation and Mitigation
- Fair-Share Reporting
- 11th Hour Changes
- Other Extensions (Areawide, VMT, etc.)
Recorded Date: 8/20/2020 (55:24)
PTV Vistro - Episode 6 / Innovative Interchanges & Alternative Intersections
- PTV Vistro 2021 New Features
- Resources for Alternative Intersections
- Modeling Tips
- Understanding your analysis objectives
- Identify building blocks
- Placing building blocks
- Modifying building blocks
- Previews in Vissim
Recorded Date: 10/8/2020 (34:37)
PTV Vistro - Episode 7 / Building Bigger Models using Merge & Update Tools
- How to merge models in PTV Vistro
- Easily combine small projects scattered across a city, to make one city-wide model.
- Convert competitor models into PTV Vistro, and stitch them together.
- Create and insert PTV Vistro templates and examples of complex intersections into any Vistro model to streamline efforts.
- How to update models in PTV Vistro
- It's now possible to update base models and scenario data, such as signal timing, geometry and lane configurations, and volumes using an import update tool.
- This feature is great for updating peak period time-of-day information or updating base model data from a test scenario.
- With this tool, you can also convert a competitor's numerous time-of-day model files into one managed PTV Vistro model utilizing scenario management.
Recorded Date: 12/10/2020 (57:02)
PTV Vistro - Episode 8 / Evaluating Urban Street Design Concepts
- Analysis of urban street design concepts and scenarios to balance the needs of bicyclists, pedestrians, transit riders, and motorists was presented using a case-study in Boulder, Colorado. PTV Vistro’s time-saving workflows and unparalleled network creation and configurations, along with its flexible and robust traffic signal optimization was also featured.
Recorded Date: 3/4/2021 (49:48)
PTV Vistro - Episode 9 / PTV Vistro Large Area Modeling
- This session highlighted using PTV Vistro for larger area studies, including the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority’s (VTA’s) new county-wide Vistro model that includes over 250 signals!
Instructor: Bill Cisco, PE, Eugene Maeda (VTA)
Recorded Date: 6/24/2021 (45:58)
PTV Vistro - Episode 10 / New in PTV Vistro 2022 & HCM 7th Edition
This edition of PTV Talks presents the new features available in PTV Vistro 2022 including numerous Vissim integration improvements, as well as highlights the relevant updates to the signalized control, two-way stop, and roundabout methodologies in the soon to be released Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) 7th Edition, including modeling the effects of CAVs.
Recorded Date: 12/9/2021 (1:08:08)
PTV Vistro - Episode 11 / It's Time to Change: Five Reasons to Change to PTV Vistro
Do you want to learn more about how to get more for less with PTV Vistro? We highlighted the new subscription offer and answer any questions you may have about PTV Vistro during this webinar.
Instructor: Bill Cisco, PE,
Recorded Date: 6/23/2022 (36:34)
PTV Vistro - Episode 13/ Centracs and Vistro: Traffic Management + Traffic Planning
In this session, PTV experts, Bill Cisco and Adam Lynch, will showcase how integrating your Centracs data with PTV Vistro allows for improved efficiencies in your traffic modeling and signal timing optimization. They will also highlight:
- Benefits of integrating your systems
- Umovity offerings
- How does it work?
- What's coming up next
Recorded Date: 05/17/2023 (1:01:38)
PTV Vistro - Episode 14/ Going to Microsimulation
In this session, PTV Experts Adam Lynch and Bill Cisco will showcase how to set up your Vistro model for deterministic analysis and then quickly see stunning out-of-the-box simulations in Vissim. We will cover:
- Intersection setup and geometry tips
- Traffic signal setup, log, and error message tips
- Adaptive and selective ANM settings and
- Typical next steps in Vissim.
Recorded Date: 06/15/2023 (1:15:35)